Thursday, December 15, 2011

GNUmed Wiki: TWiki now Foswiki

Hi all,

TWiki at wiki.gnumed.de was in need of an update because of security reasons. I did update TWiki and replaced it with Foswiki. Foswiki is a fork of TWiki over some licensing issues (can you say libreoffice).

Most likely some things will be broken because of that. I tried to think of most issues (Blacklist plugin, PublishPlugin) but if you notice something let me know.

Update: Peter Thoeny wrote in to ask me what gave the impression that TWiki was forked over a licensing issue. My memory has failed on me. It really seems to have been a trademark issue and governance model issues. TWiki has served us well and I would like to thank Peter and the team for their great work. The choice of Foswiki was really just that I remembered there was an alternative. Installation was easy and straightforward. To be fair I did not test the latest TWiki which might just be equally nice or even better.

No comments: